The Norfolk Commission on the Arts and Humanities awards grants to not-for-profit organizations that benefit the citizens of Norfolk.
Grants can be for general operating support or for specific projects. Organizations may apply for either general operating support or project support, but not both. City of Norfolk departments and organizations receiving municipal operating funds are not eligible for funding. The current grant applications, guidelines, and financial forms are available below to download.
- Grant applications are due Friday, March 23, 2018 at 5:00 p.m. This is a receipt deadline, not a postmark deadline.
- Micro grants are for applicants requesting $1,000 or less for general operating or project grant support. Micro grants have a separate form.
- All applicants must complete the financial statement forms.
- Applicants are encouraged to call Debra Burrell, Arts Manager, at 757-664-4330 or email email@example.com with any questions.
- Previous applicants who had to submit additional information or corrected budget forms are strongly encouraged to meet with the arts manager to review a draft of their submission at least two weeks before the deadline.
- First-time applicants are required to either attend a grant assistance workshop or to meet with the arts manager at least three weeks before the deadline.
- New personnel in any organization which has submitted a grant application in the past are strongly encouraged to meet with the arts manager at least three weeks before the deadline.
FINANCIAL FORMS FOR ALL GRANT APPLICATIONS:
FY19 Grant Application Financial Statement Excel Spreadsheet
FY19 Grant Application Financial Statement PDF