The Norfolk Commission on the Arts and Humanities awards grants to not-for-profit organizations that benefit the citizens of Norfolk.
Grants can be for general operating support or for specific projects. Organizations may apply for either general operating support or project support, but not both. City of Norfolk departments and organizations receiving municipal operating funds are not eligible for funding. The current grant guidelines are available below to download.
• Grant applications were due Friday, March 22, 2019 at 5:00 p.m. Check back for 2020 applications.
• Applicants are encouraged to call Debra Burrell, Arts Manager, at 757-664-4330 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
• Previous applicants who had to submit additional information or corrected budget forms are strongly encouraged to meet with the arts manager to review a draft of their submission at least two weeks before the deadline.
• First-time applicants are required to either attend a grant assistance workshop or to meet with the arts manager at least three weeks before the deadline.
• New personnel in any organization which has submitted a grant application in the past are strongly encouraged to meet with the arts manager at least three weeks before the deadline.
GRANT APPLICATION FOR PROJECT OR GENERAL OPERATING SUPPORT NOT AVAILABLE UNTIL 2020.
For FY 19 Grantees:
Final reports for FY 19 grantees are due September 27, 2019, at 5:00 pm.
WILL BE AVAILABLE SOON
These grants are supported in part by the Virginia Commission for the Arts and the National Endowment for the Arts.