About Grants for non-profit Arts & Cultural Programs
Norfolk is the cultural capital of Virginia and offers the highest quality and the widest array of artistic experiences. Grant supported programs reach into every neighborhood and give all citizens the opportunity to enjoy the finest art and culture experiences Norfolk has to offer.
Helping to provide extraordinary moments by extraordinary people. Promote the success, enhance the quality, provide support and increase the availability and awareness of artistic and cultural experiences for the benefit of the citizens of Norfolk.
No other city in Virginia, and few of any cities its size, offer the breadth and level of arts programming that Norfolk enjoys. The City has garnered both national and international accolades for its support of the arts. It has earned a stellar reputation that attracts tourists worldwide, dramatically contributing to the local economy and enhancing the educational experience of both novice and seasoned artists. The city’s support of the arts and its myriad forms (e.g., public art, theatre, opera, music, visual arts, dance, etc.) is unrivaled in the region.
- Advocate for non-profit arts and humanities organizations and their funding needs.
- Provide support to grantees as requested and available.
- Facilitate and improve communication, collaboration and efficiencies among grantees, other arts organizations and city departments.
- Promote the arts and humanities in the City
- Ensure that every region of the city has access to the arts
Sign up for our newsletter and get updates delivered straight to your inbox.
Norfolk Arts seeks to create a rich, diverse, environment that reflects, celebrates and invites all to experience the arts. We seek to give voice to our community and strive to unite, energize, prompt dialogue, and inspire the unique character of Norfolk.